[Rhodes22-list] Tab Benoit on KSLM

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Sep 19 10:59:26 EDT 2005

Saroj,

He is a Southern LA bar owner who plays in his own bar and performs at
"Jazz Fest" in New Orleans.  I first heard him there, and have been
listening to his music ever since.  I last heard him play live at the
Mid City Rock n Bowl in New Orleans.  I thought he toured, as well, and
I would have thought his music was more readily available.

I was listening to a set of mp3s I put together for myself when a Cajun
man popped out and started haunting me, just as it has haunted you.  I
think that's the way people who love it, think about New Orleans.  I
sent a copy to Slim when I realized he couldn't find it.

I'll try to find more info.  New Orleans has been providing music that
you just can't find anywhere else.  I listen to WWOZ on the web all the
time to stay connected with the real New Orleans.

Bill Effros

Funny, right now LA doesn't mean Los Angeles.