[Rhodes22-list] Bragging Rights

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Sep 20 00:24:45 EDT 2005

Maybe, just maybe, what will come of the "heads will roll" investigations is a realization of a fact.

When government funds are used, and time ISN'T of the essence, government red tape is not only OK, it's probably needed to help try to prevent fraud and abuse. Big government works most of the time, when "slow and sure" is the name of the game.

However, when fast action, and "outside of the box" thinking is needed, private entities that are without the burden of extensive red tape and bureaucracy works better. Maybe FEMA's role (and the role of big government) will be more and more one of empowerment and coordination for those private entities, big and small, that are ready, willing, and anxious to help.

THAT'S a "blame game" that I could get behind!!

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> salm at mn.rr.com 9/19/2005 10:49:42 PM >>>
Brad,

Wow!  That's a truly forward-thinking company.  They get bragging rights for
sure.  Does FedEx hire piano players?

Slim