[Rhodes22-list] Political Reply to Mr. Rummy

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Sep 20 09:18:30 EDT 2005

Mr. Rummy,

        You said, "Herb, you either live in a different country or don't
watch the news much."  Understand that what you are claiming to see just may
be neither the truth nor an accurate portrayal of the facts.  It is well
known to others that the sensational media drive around disaster scenes or
anywhere for that matter to get the right picture and actors to create the
most attention-getting story.
      Dan Rather used electronic means to help him create the images that he
and his producers wanted to create.  I think that you will still find even
"live" on the scene reporting is fully staged to create the most attention
getting impact, which may not be the most truthful.
      Now understand the American system of government.  We are not a
totalitarian state.  Your quote, "Our gov't sat on their collective hands
and did nothing for the people of NO for five, yes count them, five days.
And then it was only after the news media made."  Under the American system,
state government has the primary responsibility here.  You have an
incompetent state governor.  The Federal Government thru its various
agencies assists local government.  FEMA is not a first responder, but
responds at the request of the state governor.  Vent your wrath on the
Governor of Louisiana.  Compare the reports on the other side of river in an
equally destroyed state.
      Learn to seek truth and be equally critical of all sources.  I looked
to Ben, Thena, and Herb as accurate and primary sources of the truth because
I get a completely different perspective from the national video media.  Our
respondents on this list are our equals, not highly paid reporters (actors).

      I personally would like to thank Ben, Thena, and Herb for their
perspective.  It all depends on who you want to believe.

Ed K