[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Mr. Rummy on Sept 20, 2005.

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Sep 20 10:46:27 EDT 2005

Mr. Rummy,

      Ah, we agree on a few points.  You said, "These people were told to go
to a safe haven and then left without the means to be taken care of."  Then
we all would like the truth to the answer to the question, 'who told them to
go there'.  In addition, 'who was responsible for safety and sustenance?'

I question all media, some more than others.  You stated, "but even Fox news
was showing the same things".  Are you telling us that Fox is the criterion
for truth?  Are you saying that Fox is the most truthful of the lot?

Lost in the rubric was a previous event that used the Superdome and found
that it was completely lacking and destined for disaster.  However, FEMA and
the Federal government are not the responsible governmental entities.  Our
Federal system places the responsibility first on the States in this type
situation.

Understand that I am not saying that the Fed's and FEMA did a good job.
This whole episode was aggravated by the levees breaking.  As you said and I
agree with you, "somebody's really screwed up and they should pay the price
for such incompetence. These people were told to go to a safe haven and then
left without the means to be taken care of."

Ed K