[Rhodes22-list] Political Reply to Herb

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Sep 20 21:59:00 EDT 2005

ed kroposki wrote:
> ...  Herb, you are just farting in the wind trying to argue using reason
> with Bill Effros...
>       As I said, you are wasting your efforts because he is using the
> techniques of tyrants and communists.
> Ed K

Others have made similar remarks - on both sides of the fence.

While Bill may be off the mark, I would also note that some of those
supposedly attacking tyrants and communists have been a bit fast and
loose as well.

Sen. McCarthy* comes to mind.  I am learning a lot from the notes
posted here, but attacks on the person (of whatever persuasion)
do not illuminate.

If you think Bill is baiting you, perhaps the best tactic is to stick
to the facts and ignore words without substance.  Help those of us
in the sidelines with real facts and arguments.

With appreciation for the facts and respect to all,
/Robert Skinner

* McCarthy, Joseph R. -- U.S. senator who dominated the early
1950s by his sensational but unproved charges of Communist
subversion in high government circles. In a rare move, he was
officially censured for unbecoming ...  (Encyclopedia Britannica)