[Rhodes22-list] Political Reply to Herb

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:35:51 EDT 2005

Ed,
 I don't agree with you completely about assigning blame. In my 20 years in
the army, I participated in many After Action Reviews (AAR) where we
reviewed an exercise to determine what went wrong. One of the KEY attributes
of an AAR is non attribution. If people are worried about being found at
fault and held personally accountable, then what you see is exactly what is
going on now between all of the politicos. Everyone is trying to blame
someone else and get the attention focused on others. If the situation is
studied without assigning blame, then you are more likely to get honest
answers and cooperation in determining what went wrong and what needs to be
fixed.
 Hank