[Rhodes22-list] Protecting sails and lines

b.ivers at att.net b.ivers at att.net
Wed Sep 21 13:45:07 EDT 2005

  Hi there, Joyce and I had a wonderful time with our R-22 on Lake Berryessa. This lake was one of our most frequently visited lakes as children growing up near the bay area in Ca.
  We were on the water for nine days, and I started to notice  something I never noticed before as power boaters. We started to notice where the air comes from at different times of the day. Awsome! Light air in the morning out of the north, and bigger air in the afternoon out of the south or west.
  One issue I am concerned about is the chaffing of the jib sail and lines on the shrowds. I'm thinking one half inch pvc would be easy fix. Am I on the right track here?   Barry