[Rhodes22-list] Re: Replay to Mr. Rummy on Sept. 20, 2005

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 21 13:06:43 EDT 2005

Bill,

DUH ....... So you are one of the gov't dependants too??? You wouldn't have thought
to put aside a few simple provisions if you knew, DAYS IN ADVANCE, that a CAT 3+
hurricane was likely to strike right where you live?? Whether you knew the levee
was going to break or not???

I'm sorry, I understand that most of these folks have lost everything and I'm all
for doing whatever can be done to get them back on their feet again. I don't however
have much compassion for people that make no effort what so ever to see to their
own survival in a situation that had been warned about for days in advance. When
those folks crawled through that hole in their roof they should have brought their
disaster rations with them. Really, what the hell were they planning to eat if they
had to stay on that roof for a week??? Just assuming that somebody will even be
able to get around to pick you up in a few minutes, in a situation like that, is
just downright stupid. Stupid is supposed to be painful.

Listening to your diatribes on this issue are almost enough to make me stand up
and shout, "Who is John Galt?"

Ever yours, a compassionate conservative
Rik