[Rhodes22-list] P-NO Water Flooding Back In

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Sep 23 12:24:19 EDT 2005

Rik,

Not to beat a dead horse, but I just saw the water is flooding back into
New Orleans again.

Apparently the water never over-topped the levees in the first place.
The last I saw, the levees were not built properly, and simply broke.

To me, and I think Brad, we can argue the merits of whether the levees
should be there or not all day; but once that fight has been fought, and
the levees are in place, it is the responsibility of somebody to ensure
that the levees are built properly.

I have long had a lot of trouble with the Army Corps of Engineers.  As
far as I'm concerned, it's a pork barrel outfit doing a pork barrel job
with port barrel results.

Sure, they have done some things well, even admirably.   But you can't
trust a word they say, because their ultimate goal is to just keep
building, regardless of the merits of the project.

Pretty fiscally conservative, huh?

Bill Effros