[Rhodes22-list] Herb, Jim, Ben & Thena

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri Sep 23 12:09:38 EDT 2005

Gini and I aren't sure when we'll go back to New Orleans area, since we can't really work on the boat anyway, and don't have a place to stay. So, I probably won't have any first hand reports right away.

Although I'm in Texas, I'm in North Texas (DFW area), and we don't expect much direct stuff from Rita. Tracks show it moved a little further east. I'm sure there will be some localized flash flooding, but then there always is during bad weather in this area, and the real problem with that is folks in too much of a hurry to go around flooded roads and then paying a very high price.

It will be interesting though, to see folks' response to how Rita is handled. I'm assuming the response will go well overall, but I wonder about the "blame game." Will those that laid the blame for everything Katrina at the feet of the Bush administration now come back and praise him for how well everything Rita went? I suspect what praise there is will be attributed to the Mayors of Galveston and Houston, and Governor Perry. Of course, that's the real story, the feds actions worked, when the locals and state allowed them to.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> ekroposki at charter.net 9/23/2005 10:38:02 AM >>>
     I would hope to the extent possible, you guys would keep posting and
telling us what you see, notwithstanding the personal attacks you get for
your observations.  There are many of us who appreciate your observations
and reports.

    There are at least three other Rhodies from Texas that we have not heard
from.  I would like to hear from Bill Gallant and Rhodie with the boat lift.
Anybody have their email addresses?

    Thank you.

Ed K

Greenville, SC, USA