[Rhodes22-list] Opinions on Replacement Jib Sheets for Bud andSteve

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 28 21:43:23 EDT 2005

MGM, Bud, Bill-

Raven has one of those C257s.  It works very well.  Last July gunkholing in
the upper Severn River it saved the rudder several times going over shoal
rocks.  It just releases and the rudder kicks right up.  It's just another
good example of how Stan has refined the R22 over 40+ production years.

I'll photo the rudder head and post it later.  The clam cleat is on a swivel
track that releases the load instead of denting the rudder or ripping the
gudgeons off the transom when too much force is applied -- like rocks.
Until it happened I didn't know what that thing was for.

PT