[Rhodes22-list] Boat Insurance Question

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 17:52:18 EDT 2006

Mark,

I think it would help Stan's operation (i.e. sales) and we buyers, if he'd
sit down and put together a brochure outlining exactly what the refurbished
deal  is.  We are taking a lot on faith and the reputation of Stan, and I have no
 problem with that, but people like insurers, and even some prospective
buyers,  might like to see some things in writing, like: a written warranty, a  xx
point checklist of what's inspected refurbished as needed and  guaranteed,
updates incorporated, company quals, etc.

At one level its just paperwork, like the ISO 9000 deal, but at another
level it might impress the heck out of prospective customers and insurance
companies.  Refurbished costs more than used, it would be useful to  layout exactly
why.  It might go a long way to justifying a higher value  for the vessel for
insurance purposes, it would probably make selling our  refurbished vessel
easier when the time comes, and it might facilitate General  Boat refurbished
boat sales.

I have no idea whether Stan would take the project on.   Seems like he's
pretty busy, his yard was almost full when we were there.   Maybe this is our
(i.e.owners) problem to solve, certainly the insurance  problem is ours, and the
resale value will be ours - or our executors.

Dave