[Rhodes22-list] Bimini Question

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Apr 5 20:47:25 EDT 2006

Bill Effros wrote:
> Here on LIS a lot of people are using sun shades...
> Flat pieces of canvas that tie onto the pop top struts
> and the aft stays...
Bill, Mary Lou, et al.:

I have been using flat pieces of sun shade for some years,
reinforced with bars at each end to preserve shape.  It
is cheap, quick to deploy, and stows small.  Moreover, it
will work in winds up to 15 mph - perhaps higher.

Finally, to give credit where due, I copied the idea and
general construction details from Jim Harrison.  Perhaps
he can comment on its potential usefulness on a Rhodes 22.

/Bob Skinner