[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Bob and Rob on Bimini Question

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Apr 6 10:21:51 EDT 2006

Hey guys, I been here before.  Rob's suggestion requires a second track.  Bob
has found the easy half.  The problem is finding the car that goes on the
track with just an attaching point for the other half that Bob Weber has
found.  Yes it was made several years ago.  It appears that it is no longer
made as an available single item.  Yes you can get a car without anything on
it.  The problem is a car with just the correct piece to attach a bimini.
Keep looking, you may find it yet.  But I also checked Defender, Shaeffer,
Harkin, Ronstan, and others.  It just was not available two years ago.

If you have a machine shop you could get the car base and make the upper
attaching part.  However, I do not have the equipment to work in stainless
steel.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "I don't know who named them swells.  There's nothing swell about
them.  They should have named them awfuls."  Hugh Vihlen