[Rhodes22-list] Caranya

Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner at lexisnexis.com
Tue Apr 11 17:43:50 EDT 2006

Well, several years (6??) after adding some pictures to our Rhodes site of a
classic old Rhodes ketch I saw in Ft. Lauderdale, I finally found some
history of her on Ben Stavis' Rhodes page.  She was built in 1937, is 65ft
long,  and draws only 6 feet.  A nice little boat, if you don't mind the
cramped confines!

Check it out:

http://astro.temple.edu/~bstavis/pr/tamaris.htm
<http://astro.temple.edu/~bstavis/pr/tamaris.htm>

I also found it a little amusing that the photos on his site look a little
familiar!  I wonder why he left out the one of me?  *grin*

http://www.rhodes22.org/rhodes/classics.html
<http://www.rhodes22.org/rhodes/classics.html>

Of course, that reminds me... if you see a classic old Rhodes designed boat
around, take a picture and let's add it to the classics page!

--Doug Gardner

s/v Fretnaught