[Rhodes22-list] Shorties

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Apr 12 13:51:19 EDT 2006

It seems to me there might be a market for "Shorties" -- short versions
of some of the hardware we use on our boats.  Before trying to figure
out the costs, I wanted to see if anyone else might be interested in
these items:

Short Tiller -- A short tiller that could replace the standard tiller
when at anchor to make boom room or cockpit table use easier.  The
tillers would be kept in place with ball socket quick release pins so
tillers could be easily swapped.  The short tiller could also be fitted
with an auto-tiller pin--most auto tillers operate 18" from the rudder axis.

Short Table Pedestal -- As an added support under the cabin bed, or for
use in the cockpit under the tiller while sailing.

Short Mast -- With cleats on the sides for support--to allow full
opening of pop-top when the mast is down.

Short Trailer Extension -- To remain in place when the trailer extension
arm is not needed.  In our waters the long arm can rust into the trailer
so solidly that a welder is required to get it out.

Bill Effros