[Rhodes22-list] A good sail Friday.

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Sun Apr 16 01:37:03 EDT 2006

Rummy,

Glad you had such a fine season opener.  The scenery looks pretty familiar.
8-)  What's that red thing in the guy's mouth in the first shot?

We had our shakedown sail today and it was terrific.  My new luff pad works
great.  It was quite windy and we were deeply reefed with main at about 75%
and the genny at various reef points and the luff pad really takes the belly
out of the big 175% and held a much better shape when it's rolled in.

One casualty--we lost a nearly full beer overboard in a big puff.  Bad
seamanship!  However, we did a beer-overboard maneuver and recovered the
coozy.  8-)

Slim