[Rhodes22-list] Beer Overboard

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Apr 16 11:46:29 EDT 2006

Slimmy,
It is a drink holder attached to his life vest. I believe there is a straw
from which he can get a sip whenever he wants. Past experience with my Hobie
tells me this is a brilliant device.

Bill,
Practicing the MOB drill is very important. We have a rule on Rum Runner
that should anyone ever go overboard, the next thing done is to throw a cockpit
cushion towards the individual. This eliminates the need for a hasty recovery,
 unless you happen to be in cold water where hypothermia becomes an issue.
With a  good floating device in the water, you can take your time coming back to
the  MOB, even dropping sails and motoring over to them. It would also give
them some  time to get over how stupid they were in the first place for going
overboard,  unless of course, they have been drinking massive quantities of
rum, which is a  legal excuse anywhere. IMHO.

Rummy