[Rhodes22-list] Anchors--French Decoder Ring Version

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Apr 16 12:29:16 EDT 2006

Alain,

Michael is one of the best sailors on this list, however he is dyslexic,
and his written email must be run through a decoder ring provided to
list members.  Unfortunately, we only have a Michael-to-English version,
the Michael-to-French version is still under development.

Following is the product of the Michael-to-English decoder ring.  From
now on, you're on your own:

"Speaking of that (the great debates)  :-)

What is your feeling on the proper rode to use on an anchor?

The bottoms are sand, mud and gravel with 300 years worth of "junk" on the
bottom.

In the research of the debate, Google found a writing of yours that
recommended using an all rope rode due to the poor effects of chain.

On my boat I am using a spade model 60 AL, 22 feet of 1/4 chain and 200 feet
of 3/8 3 strand rope. Due you feel the chain is needed?

mjm"

See, Alain, it's a tough crowd.  Jump in.

Bill Effros