[Rhodes22-list] The list.

Michel Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Sun Apr 16 13:00:22 EDT 2006

The inside story:

I was out for Passover, so was two other key people, one of the junior
people programmed some code that was generating a error message as email
that sent out 500 messages per second to an bad address. It flooded out the
server with over a million messages trying to be resend them and 500 message
a new still flooding in. It was coming from "inside code", so no rate limit,
and the server was working very hard doing nothing..................

Grrrrrrrrr, I have a pointy hat he on Monday for him.

-mjm