[Rhodes22-list] Commissioning

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Apr 16 13:19:17 EDT 2006

Dave,

Could you write up what went wrong during commissioning?

Commissioning after coming off a long trip into an unfamiliar launch
area is a lot different than commissioning after you have left the boat
for yourself in a place you know well.

Were your problems unique to your place?

Was needed equipment not available?

Was the boat less than 100% ready to launch?

What went wrong?

Working tired is one of the biggest mistakes we make.  I still do it,
instead of working only when well rested, and it makes the work take 10
times as long as it should.

As you can see from the many splashdown reports, many people on the list
can launch a boat that has made only a short trip in less than an hour.
Some can do it in less than a half hour, if it's something they do
frequently.

Bill Effros