[Rhodes22-list] Commissioning - Tohatsu

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Apr 16 14:34:01 EDT 2006

Peter,

I can set up and tear down my boat in about the same amount of time when
I'm in practice.  I have essentially the same equipment you are using,
and the job is fast and safe for the same reasons.  When I'm tired, I
can still screw it up.

I wound up repairing my 53 pound Tohatsu for just that reason--53
pounds.  The toughest part of the commissioning, but 30 pounds lighter
than yours.

The guy who fixed the Tohatsu did an interesting thing.  He carried it
by putting it on his shoulder.  Not across his shoulders; leaning
against his shoulder with the engine head beside his head, and his arm
holding the shaft against his body, waist high.  Held in this position,
his legs did all the work.

Bill Effros