[Rhodes22-list] Fast buckles

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Mon Apr 17 17:19:13 EDT 2006

Bill Effros wrote:
> Yes, you can cinch up a fast buckle, and it won't move provided that the
> pull on the strap is at a 0 degree angle to the buckle.  Turning the
> buckle to 90 degrees is what loosens them....

Bill,

Over the years, I have too had near misses
from bungee errant cords...

I am familiar with buckles that have lateral
prongs that snap into place, and disengage
with finger pressure on the sides.

Is this what you mean by a "fast buckle"?

If not, what is this creature that you admire?
Is there another name for it, and what catalog
could I find it in?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this,
/Robert Skinner