[Rhodes22-list] Fast buckles

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Apr 17 23:49:22 EDT 2006

Yes, these are the "fast buckles" -- like the ones you find on luggage
these days.  They have patented friction attachment points that allow
you to thread the webbing through the rear end of the buckle in such a
way that you can easily cinch them to size, but they won't release until
you release them.

There are cheap ones with  ineffective copies of the patented end, and
more expensive ones that work right.  West carries the more expensive
ones, along with the webbing, and several different kinds of buckles in
several different sizes.

Bill Effros