[Rhodes22-list] Anchoring in a 5 knot current

FCrawford0707 at aol.com FCrawford0707 at aol.com
Tue Apr 18 11:25:54 EDT 2006

Bill - Could you provide more detail on your stern-anchoring drill (i.e.,
your Fortress in non-emergency situations) ?  Do you drop your anchor over  the
port side of the cockpit from your bucket , play out the rode as you back
down, set it and then walk to the bow to cleat it off ? I picture that you would
have the rode outboard of the shrouds, so you would have to "hand off" the
line  as you moved forward and then tuck under the pulpit to the port side
fairlead  and cleat.  Am I picturing this right ?  Thanks.
    Frone Crawford
    s/v Sunday Morning