[Rhodes22-list] Sailing suggestion.

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 11:07:34 EDT 2006

Rik, ditto - The hull speed of a displacement hull is NOT absolute but the
curve gets really steap and the amount of effort to cause an increase of
speed really goes up.  I have surfed the boat (even on my small mud pond in
IL) and got into the mid 6 kn range for a second or to but that is it.  The
R-22 has a hull shape which seams to be a cross between a planning hull and
a displacement hull but after > 1000 of miles in it, I would have to say 6
kn is the ceiling.  Bob W