[Rhodes22-list] Sailing suggestion.

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 09:13:13 EDT 2006

Rik,

I agree most don't sail in 25 knot winds and I am not claiming 9 knots for
hours on end. In heavy winds around 15 - 20 I can easily maintain a knot or
two above theoretical hull speed on broad reaches with CB up. I have had
bursts in the 9 plus range but nothing sustained. I have also had some
pretty wild spinnaker runs well over hull speed but I can't say it was easy.
Oh yeah.....It is also important to have weight forward.

Wally