[Rhodes22-list] Sweet spot.

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 21 09:27:31 EDT 2006

Rummy,

My post did not mention planing. I don't think the R22 can plane. I am also
not talking about surfing. I do believe the R22 can sail beyond so called
hull speed. I also believe the R22 sails best upwind with some heel and off
the wind fairly flat. This is true with just about any sail boat. I think
the only thing I differ with is the amount of heel. For my boat 30 is too
much. It is fun but I am slowing down.

Ask your self why there is more than one hull speed formula? It is not
exact.

Wally