[Rhodes22-list] Peter in Pennsylvania

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Apr 21 06:30:13 EDT 2006

Peter:
       1.  There are a couple of Rhodes 22's with Anchor rollers.  I do not
recall one with a windlass.  Are you thinking in terms of an electric
windlass?
       2.   Many Rhodes 22's have some opening ports.  My antique '84 has
front opening ports which used to standard during the time mine was made.
Several have the rear cabin ports that open.  I have seen at least two.
Others have other side ports that open.  Read the following discussion about
after market port installlation:
http://www.michaelmeltzer.com/roger/openport.htm
        3.  We have had vigorous discussions about lightning protection, I
believe Bill Effros may have a secret file on that subject.
        4.  Interior lights?  Consider red led lights for night vision.
        5.  Want a demo sail?  You said you live in western Pennsylvania.
Come down I-79 to I-77 to I-85 to Greenville/Anderson, South Caroloina.
About an 8 hour drive.  Bring a barrell of Mt. Gay Rum.  Use the following
hot keys to see:
http://www.portmanmarina.com/marina.htm
http://familyoutdoors.com/pages/bigwater.htm
         6.  Always keep in mind that Stan has an old boat in his backyard.
If you went to visit Edenton, you would give him an excuse to sail it.  You
will hear extensive discussions on motors.  It is interesting to see what
Comodore Spitzer has this boat.
         7.  Welcome to the Rhodes 22 email list.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
 Addendum:  http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mdeadreckoning.html