[Rhodes22-list] Sweet spot.

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 22 11:43:34 EDT 2006

Rummy,

I agree heeling is fun. I have always loved the feeling of sailing on the
edge. Heck we use to capsize our Sunfish just to cool off. I know you have
sailed Cats. There is nothing like leaning out in a harness flying a rail in
a Hobie.....until you pitchpole the whole thing into a end over end capsize.
Yeah heeling is fun!

The discussion is about speed though and not fun. Thirty degrees is thirty
degrees. On my boat it slows me down. When racing my results were always
best when I had the boat trimmed with much less heel. The races I did poorly
were mostly a result of fighting excessive heel along with bad tactics. My
GPS and race results are proof enough for me.

Ed, FYI there are quite a few of us who love to bury the rail. As Rummy
points out it is fun. Try it you mght like it.

The storms are clearing and I am heading out to the lake!

Wally