[Rhodes22-list] ??? 4 Jerry's & Bob Weber about lights

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Apr 23 18:22:41 EDT 2006

Ed,

I think the white light is supposed to be 2 meters above the red and
green lights.  (Power boats can't get them much higher than that using
poles.)  The white light must show 360 degrees.  By restricting the mast
top light to forward angles, you keep from destroying your night vision
in the cockpit.  The rest of the 360 degree white light is provided by
the stern light.  You are not supposed to show 2 white lights from the
stern as you would with a stern light and a 360 light at the top of the
mast.

Or something like that.

Also different for smaller boats than larger.

Bill Effros