[Rhodes22-list] ??? 4 Jerry's & Bob Weber about lights

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 24 06:42:59 EDT 2006

Ed, The CG puts out a new color phamphlet every year that covers lighting.
Any West Marine will have a copy for you for free or I can mail you some I
have left over from last year.  I don't think the height on your mast is
ever specified.  On powerboats it must be higher than all the superstructure
(the highest point).  There is a 3 colored light that can go on the mast
head that will replace your nav lights (you will still need a stearn light).
  If you are going to do it yourself, be carefull, the CG is very particular
about the radius of illumination (the literature specifies down to the 1/2
degree) which is important since it is the only basis to use to make the
collision regulations work at night time.  BW