[Rhodes22-list] Gusts and cushions

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Apr 25 21:36:53 EDT 2006

Joseph,
Get your wife off her seat and the seats and up on the rail. With her butt
perched on the rail, part will overhang the gunnel giving her complete and
total  comfort and control. It took my wife several years to figure out that this
is  the best and safest place to sit while X-sailing. In fact, my wife is now
quite  comfortable sitting on the rail and prefers it to lounging in the
cockpit. Her  preferred position is with her back towards the cabin just forward of
the  cockpit on the rail. Great handholds and no worries about sliding under
the  seat.
I know, I know, but with constant persuasion, she and you will both
understand what I'm talking about. Making the admiral comfortable is VERY  important
to your sailing experience. Sailing can be relaxing, but doesn't have  to be
all the time. Personally, I prefer the X times.

Rummy