[Rhodes22-list] E85 fuel

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 12:19:46 EDT 2006

Rummy,

Re a drought killing Brazil's ethanol industry:  Interesting, I  guess the
WSJ forgot to mention the fact that the industry was killed, dead, or  otherwise
didn't exist.  Seems like an egregious oversight on their  part.  If you're
right, the whole article is phony, the industry was  killed.  My impression has
been that the WSJ is a much more credible paper  than that.  The article I
referenced is  recent ( 1/9/06), I doubt the  drought is "new" news since the
article was published. Regardless, it's a good  point, any crop based energy
supply will be dependent on vagaries of the weather  - unlike oil which is
subject to the vagaries of middle-east  politics.  However, from my perspective,
weather is sort of a "random  variable", unlike middle-east and Venezuelan
politics which are uniformly  stacked against you.  At a minimum, the Brazil
experience reported by  the WSJ appears to  provide the opportunity for a little
energy diversity which might help keep the oil bandits at bay.

I think you're right to about Brazil's oil supplies, they may  be a net
exporter.

Dave