[Rhodes22-list] Wash., DC marinas

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 12:41:18 EDT 2006

Steve,

I don't think the Navy Yard does have a recreational marina.   There may be
other government sponsored or private marinas nearby in  Md or DC (i.e. that
side of the river).  Regardless, the Navy Yard  is in a rough part of DC, I
recommend against having your family in  the area after dark.  The area is
changing, largely because the Navy has  moved a major part of its headquarters
functions from Crystal City  (Va) to the Navy Yard, and that's attracted a lot of
support contractors, which  has motivated considerable office development in the
immediate vicinity; but if  you get even a block away from the Navy Yard it's
very rough and you will likely  feel at risk walking in the neighborhoods.
You might check out the  area if you're in the WDC area for business, I think
you'll see what I  mean.

There is a military marina at Ft Belvoir (Army), but again that's  isolated
in terms of public transport and it's on the Va side of the  river.  I think
there's an R22 at the Belvoir marina, the guy may be on the  list.

Dave