[Rhodes22-list] Swivel Lock on 9.9 Yamaha

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Tue Aug 1 14:27:49 EDT 2006

I'm not sure I understand what your refer to as the detent on the motor
housing.  On my motor, the pin that drops rests between the prongs of the
"Y".  When you flip the lever, it either pushes the pin down to lock the
motor or lifts it up to allow the motor to turn.  I'm going by memory, but
I think the horizontal roll pin only holds the vertical pin in place (I
could be wrong).  The "Y" is held in place by a bolt on the housing.
Perhaps you could post a photo.  I'll stop by my boat and take another look
at it.

Bill Wickman

             Rory Orkin
             <roryorkin at earthl
             ink.net>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
             rhodes22-list-bou                                          cc
             nces at rhodes22.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Rhodes22-list] Swivel Lock on
             08/01/2006 11:09          9.9 Yamaha
             AM

             Please respond to
               The Rhodes 22
                 mail list
             <rhodes22-list at rh
                odes22.org>

So the cross way roll pin in the vertical pin that drops rides on top of
the
Y.... only held in locked position by the detent on the motor housing ???
Sent from the Rhodes22 forum at Nabble.com.