[Rhodes22-list] Swivel Lock on 9.9 Yamaha

Rory Orkin roryorkin at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 1 11:52:47 EDT 2006

You are right about the roll pin keeping the vertical pin in place.. But if
you look carefully, there seem notches in the casting inwhich the roll pin
seats,. As the handle is turned.  The actual locking of the pin in the down
position seems to only engage the small roll pin in this indentation
providing the only locking.
            I guess this means that the roll pin must ride on top of the y
at all times . What I don't understand is how this setup could actually
break the y piece. Yamaha thinks so because they provide an extra one with a
new motor.. My problem is that normal stress and vibration can disengage the
lock.
and to come full circle, this is why I asked if somehow the roll pin fit
under the y.. This would be a positive lock which I could see might break
the piece if hit.. All this from the Manual section 2-10
I really cant get a picture of it