[Rhodes22-list] Storage of fuel in lazarette

Jim White lemenagerie22 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 16:29:39 EDT 2006

The only flammible liquid that I store in the Laz is rum.....and I'll take my chances with that ;-)....(beatcha toit rummy!).

  fuel tank goes goes under the aft part of the cockpit seat. Try to avoid explosions at all costs.
  jw

"Michael D. Weisner" <mweisner at ebsmed.com> wrote:
  Ben,

Do you store flammable products such as fuel in the lazarette? In addition
to pinching off the fuel line by the lazarette hatch, I have always been
afraid of fumes and vapors collecting in the enclosed space. My 6 gallon
tank fits nicely under the rear portion of the port cockpit seat, with a bit
of manipulation so I never really gave it any further thought.. Maybe I've
been doin' it wrong all these years ...

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer

From: "Ben Schultz"

> Mike,
>
> I'm tempted to comment about the possibility of keeping your fuel in the
> lazerette, but I almost talked myself out of it. Almost.
>
> Anyone have an opinion?
>
> Ben
> Velvet Elvis

Jim White