[Rhodes22-list] More Politics

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sat Aug 5 01:55:10 EDT 2006

Re Hanson’s “Brink Of Madness”, wotta crock!  Hanson states:

"the West has proven utterly unable to distinguish between an attacked
democracy that seeks to strike back at terrorist combatants, and terrorist
aggressors who seek to
kill civilians."

Which "west" is the good Dr talking about, TV news reports or foreign  policy
and military affairs?  If you follow foreign policy and military  affairs I
think you'll see the western democracies have distinguished  pretty well.  I'm
not aware of any tangible effort to rein  Israel (Note: a tangible effort is
not a FOX TV report or a blovation from  the UN, it's tangible military action
and tangible diplomatic pressure (i.e.  sanctions).)   Please correct me, if
I'm wrong.

IMO the principle thing of interest in the middle east is what hasn’t
happened.  That is, for the first time in perhaps 30 years the US and  Europe haven’
t rushed to intervene to secure a non-peace “peace”.  Maybe  this time Israel
will be able to resolve its terrorism problem without our  meddlesome and
unproductive interference - and maybe part of our terrorism  problem will be
resolved as well.  One key to success will  be keeping US troops - with their
embedded newspaper and TV reporters - out  of the area.

Dave