[Rhodes22-list] More Politics

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Sat Aug 5 04:44:32 EDT 2006

I'm just a dumb-ass rock n roller and I don't know anything, but it seems to
me that because we send Israel more aid than all other countries combined,
we can hardly be called "meddlers."  When we say jump, Israel should not ask
how high.  Our diplomatic stance has always been the same at face
value--peace--but I'd like to be a fly on the wall in those back room
discussions on exactly what the US REALLY wants.  I suspect that we (the US
government) don't want a cease-fire at all.  After all, aren't we too at
war?  And against the same foes?  Could it be that we WANT Israel to be our
attack dog?  Or is she our sacrificial lamb?!  Sure, there's all kinds of
rhetoric flying around about how we don't condone the attacks but what's
being said behind closed doors?  Israel is like our Jack Nicholson in "A Few
Good Men" where he says, "You WANT me on that wall.  You NEED me on that
wall." and of course, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

We like to say our national symbol, the eagle is a symbol of freedom.  Let's
not forget that in reality the eagle is the largest, most powerful and
cunning bird of prey.  We're not just sitting back hoping for a cease-fire.
We're condoning the slaughter of the Jihadists.  The hell with civilians.
In war there are no civilians!   The citizenry of Hezbollah, Hammas, etc.
have declared their allegiance, their defiance and their commitment, and
must I say it--you mess with the bull and you get the horns.  Make no
mistake my friends, WWIII has already begun.

Good night and good luck.

Slim