[Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu Bad Reputation???

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 18:17:56 EDT 2006

Hey, Ed,

Thanks for the rebuttal. Remember I said I am totally
out of my element....so i appreciate any info I can
gather from everyone here and having the
misinformation 'debunked.' I was surprised to hear
negative info about Tohatsu....our first boat, a 23',
had a Tohatsu 8 & it was a good engine. But that was
the early '90's.

OK...so we have two votes for a Tohatsu  8
2-stroke...Sounds good to me....

Does it have remote or side mount controls??

How are these remote controls mounted so that the
cables & fuel line do not chafe through as the motor
lifts up & down? ? Are they led through the transom &
then the lazzarette. Shoulda thought to check when I
was in NC>

Y'all please be patient with me while I learn...;^)

elle

http://www.nabble.com/Surveyors-tf2084454.html#a5754431