[Rhodes22-list] 2-cycles still made?

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Aug 11 09:16:23 EDT 2006

2 strokes are still being made, and the new ones are cleaner and use
less gas than comparable 4 strokes.  They are also more reliable.  They
started with the big engines and are working their way down the line.

Elle, the point I keep making is that I average less than 10 gallons of
fuel a year, and the amount of pollution I emit is negligible because I
mainly use sails.  My Tohatsu will idle all day--it does not stall out.
(Stick with the standard propeller.)

Judging from comments on the list (here we go again) a used Tohatsu 8 hp
electric start 2 stroke will be more reliable and a lot cheaper than a
Yamaha 4 stroke of the type now also discontinued.  They had a lot of
trouble with that engine.

Bill Effros