[Rhodes22-list] Philip Rhodes Bio - Rhodes 22 Related

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 12 17:43:16 EDT 2006

All,
I found the below shown URL a fascinating review of Philip Rhodes career, maybe something like what should be done on Stan and Elton and General Boats.  I suspect many others will enjoy it also.  There is scant mention of the Rhodes 22, a gap that needs to be filled.  After all, this is no ordinary craft, and certainly not skippered by mere ordinary sailors.  What thoughts from the Board?

http://astro.temple.edu/~bstavis/pr/rhodes-bio.htm#archives

I would be so interested in Stan's perspective of Philip Rhodes, the impressions he had of the mini-cruiser design to be built, and the tooth pulling Stan may have had to employ to get this designer of very large sailing vessels to work on a 22' boat very near to the end of his career.  He had to have been about 75 at the time, as he died in 1974.

I also wonder if Stan has pictures and stories of the early years of General Boat, and some of the challenges with fabricators of the early boats.

Thoughts?

Art