[Rhodes22-list] Rummy's Trip/Chicago

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Sat Aug 12 21:42:57 EDT 2006

O Great Rum One,

What route do you take through Chicago?  I80, 90 (horrible) to 290 or I94
(horrible) via the Dan Ryan Expwy through downtown?  IIRC you said you try
to go through in the middle of the night so maybe any route is easier at
that time, but any recommendations?  Possibly scoot over to Bloomington, IL
and go north on I39 and sidestep Chicago (and tolls) altogether but that's a
ways out of your way.

Or maybe Capt. Lipton has some advice.  Ron?

I'm looking for the best route to Ft. Wayne and maybe it's best, as the
cruisers say, nothing goes to weather like a 747!  Flights from MPLS to Ft.
Wayne are now down under $200, but then I'd have to rent a car in FW.

Slim