[Rhodes22-list] Re: Searching the mailing list archive

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Aug 15 11:36:33 EDT 2006

At 05:22 PM 8/14/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>You may be technically correct.  You may be sematically
>correct.  However, I have been on computers since 4k modems and I
>have been calling it a hot key since before windows 95 ( was that
>microsoft 32 ?).  Ugh.

I see... well longevity does not imply wisdom.  Can I help it if you
had the term wrong all those years?  If you're going to be the
self-appointed list cop, you should at least be well armed.

>And, there are other ways to search, you just may be more expert so
>if you know you can tell.

I'm surprised you don't make more reference to the web view of the
mailing list available at
http://www.nabble.com/Rhodes22-f14229.html  Besides providing a
direct search of the archive (rather than going thru Google or Ask),
this interface provides a threaded view of the conversations, so you
can follow along after an absence.  If you're familiar with Yahoo
Groups, it's the same idea - a web interface to an e-mail discussion list.

In fact, some people prefer this type of web usage, rather than
e-mail.  Just go thru the registration form to create an account and
you can view and post via the web interface.  Nothing gets lost in
the spam filter and you aren't forced to download topics you don't
want to read (politics, religion, humor, whatever).

If you like using e-mail too, no problem.  You can view and post
either way simultaneously (if you can keep it straight in your head).

Cheers!

John

"Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes."