[Rhodes22-list] More motor choice questions

bgreenwald at optonline.net bgreenwald at optonline.net
Tue Aug 15 22:09:58 EDT 2006

Bob,

I opted for a port mounted remote for my Yamaha 9.9 prcisely for the reason you mentioned.  Felt more
intuitive for me and allows me to always keep my eyes looking ahead while maneuvering thru my mooring
field.  I'm not sure of his motivation but Bill Effros has a similar setup for his Tohatsu and is very happy with
it.  The only downside I have experienced is that, because of the location of the cables coming out of the
motor and routing to the remote, the cables can interfere slightly withthe port captain's chair.  Effros' cables
are routed differently and he does not have a similar problem.  All in all, I would opt for the same setup if I
lhad to do it over.

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II