[Rhodes22-list] More motor choice questions

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 19:30:20 EDT 2006

Bob, I have a 2006 R22 arriving in Seattle this week.  It will be moored on
the ship canal in a temporary home for a few weeks, then on north shore
of Lake Union.  I opted for the Yamaha 9.9 with remote.  You are welcome to
come have a look - you can even meet Elton if you come by on Friday
afternoon or Saturday morning.

Best,

Dave Bradley

On 8/15/06, bgreenwald at optonline.net <bgreenwald at optonline.net> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I opted for a port mounted remote for my Yamaha 9.9 prcisely for the
> reason you mentioned.  Felt more
> intuitive for me and allows me to always keep my eyes looking ahead while
> maneuvering thru my mooring
> field.  I'm not sure of his motivation but Bill Effros has a similar setup
> for his Tohatsu and is very happy with
> it.  The only downside I have experienced is that, because of the location
> of the cables coming out of the
> motor and routing to the remote, the cables can interfere slightly withthe
> port captain's chair.  Effros' cables
> are routed differently and he does not have a similar problem.  All in
> all, I would opt for the same setup if I
> lhad to do it over.
>
> Bruce Greenwald
> S/V Ruach II

David Bradley