[Rhodes22-list] Bridge Clearance

FCrawford0707 at aol.com FCrawford0707 at aol.com
Thu Aug 17 10:40:41 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/17/2006 2:11:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dwbrad at gmail.com writes:

Does  anyone know offhand the height from the waterline to the top of  the
mast?  I see on the GBI site that the avg. freeboard is 3' and the  mast is
26'.  No more than another foot I'd guess from gunwale to top  of cabin?

It looks like I'll have a 30' drawbridge to squeek under on  the Ship Canal
near my new temporary mooring in  Seattle.

Thanks,

Dave B.

--
David  Bradley
+1.206.225.7793
dwbrad at gmail.com

Dave - Your numbers are consistent with our experience in Avalon, NJ  - we
sail under a fixed bridge with 33 feet of clearance.  Looking up  it is hard to
tell the exact amount of our clearance, but I estimate a couple of  feet (and
we have a windvane atop the mast) - so your 30 feet of clearance will  be real
tight.
    Frone Crawford
    s/v Sunday Morning