[Rhodes22-list] CB Cleat - strong, permanent fix in blind space

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Sun Aug 20 02:53:49 EDT 2006

Rummy,

Maybe it's just my year's boat--it's a 1990. There's not much of anything
substantial for the screws to bite on.  It's a pretty thin layer of fiber
glass.  I've now thickened it some and maybe now it will stay put.  There
shouldn't be any real technique in raising and lowering the CB and slotting
the line into a cleat.  It's not as if I lower it by giving it a kick with
my Army boots.  Uncharacteristically for the R22, the thing's underbuilt.

Slim