[Rhodes22-list] CB Cleat - strong, permanent fix in blind space

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Aug 23 11:05:47 EDT 2006

Slim,

I pull the line straight up, not through the cleat--then I lay the line
in the cleat with just a slight tug.  I find in my newer boat, which
doesn't have the block system, it is much easier to pull the centerboard
up this way--also, there is virtually no strain on the cleat.  All the
cleat has to do is clamp down on the line and hold it in place.  Reverse
to lower the centerboard.  All the screws have to do is hold the cleat
in place.

Bill Effros